Bitcoin paper wallet Design
I had lots of fun this weekend working on my own design for a two-sided tri-fold tamper-resistant paper Bitcoin wallet. If you don’t know how to use Bitcoin (but you’re interested in having some) a paper wallet is the easiest way to keep your investment safe from the shark-infested waters in which this currency floats.
It’s Live! You can now generate and print out this folding wallet from your web browser, and order custom holographic tamper-evident tape directly from . Enjoy!
- Private key is hidden behind folds, so your wallet content is still safe if left out in the open or photographed.
- Tamper-proof tape indicates when you (or someone else!) has revealed the private key.
- Folding design obfuscates private keys so they’re hidden even when holding wallet up to a bright light.
- Reverse side has basic wallet operation instructions and a register for writing down deposits / balance.
- Private and public keys are replicated (and rotated) in triplicate to maximize chances of recovering keys if paper is damaged / crumpled.
- IMO, this looks prettier than the for paper wallets.